Position Type: Full-Time
• Help develop and maintain data models, data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data element naming standards, and metadata standards for the business using Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle RDBMS;
• Development and maintenance of ETL process, packages, stored procedures, and functions to capture, load, and maintain databases on multiple environments.
• Perform extensive analysis of database entities, relationships and attributes;
• Data analysis, produce ad hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
• Diagnose and resolve any data and performance issues, ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
• Providing a high-level of data quality awareness across the organization.
• Proactively working on identifying and improving data quality.
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation specifically, data dictionaries, ERDs, user-manuals.
• Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort for user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
• Diagnose and correct database process failure conditions, escalating problems as appropriate;
• Perform regular database administration tasks, such as modification of the database structure, controlling user access, connectivity, maintenance of existing solutions, running jobs, and performing ETL activities;
• Work closely with front and backend developers to define database interface, model and engineer solutions that are performant and maintainable;
• Apply data modeling, data design and implementation to support business requirements and drive the organization forward;
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge required for role and keeps current on emerging database trends and technologies;
• Work with other members of the Technology team to contribute to the implementation of new data systems;
• Support the development life cycle from requirements to deployment;
• Work closely with management throughout development lifecycle;
Apply if you have the following skillset• 5+ years of experience in database development and implementation, with significant experience in designing and developing a complex SQL environment;
• A working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL);
• Experience in ETL solutions development and implementation;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
• RDBMS-related Certification an asset;
• Previous experience with Informatica, Salesforce.com, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS or Tableau an asset;
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong ability to work autonomously; and comfortable working within a team environment.
• Strong verbal and communication skills, comfortable engaging business users.
• Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English.
• Experience in finance, accounting, ecommerce or payments considered an asset.
• Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
• Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment
*Please keep in mind that only candidates fitting this position will be contacted for an interview.