Analyst, BI & Reporting
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Summary• Assist in the preparation of key strategic quantitative analyses of the Thinking Capital business to facilitate fact-based decision making with a focus on return on investment.
• Application of exceptional analytical and data manipulation skills to test hypotheses and deliver key business insights utilizing both Thinking Capital and external data sources. Analyses will be both ongoing and project-based in nature. They will often be complex, whereby large volumes of data are transformed into actionable recommendations and complex models developed.
• Develop and maintain necessary dashboards, both automated and manual, across multiple data sets to provide insight and drive business decisions.
• Define KPIs for each business area through consultation with departments and expert knowledge of the business.
• Build out business cases for new products & initiatives based on internal data, financial forecasts, and market data.
Apply if you have the following skillset• 2+ years of experience in database development and implementation, with significant experience in designing and developing a complex SQL environment;
• A working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL);
• Experience in ETL solutions development and implementation;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
• RDBMS-related Certification an asset;
• Previous experience with Informatica, Salesforce.com, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS or Tableau an asset;
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong ability to work autonomously; and comfortable working within a team environment.
• Strong verbal and communication skills, comfortable engaging business users.
• Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English.
• Experience in finance, accounting, ecommerce or payments considered an asset.
• Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
• Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment
*Please keep in mind that only candidates fitting this position will be contacted for an interview.